AMC Theatres is celebrating Kansas City FilmFest this week. Tonight come out and join in the fun of a benefit screening of COST OF A SOUL.
· TODAY - Thursday, April 7
· Time: 7:00PM
· Place: Kansas City Power & Light District Live Block
· Price: $5, paid at the door. Will include free popcorn with the ticket purchase.
· All proceeds benefit Variety – The Children’s Charity of Kansas City and the Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee.
· The film’s director, Sean Kirkpatrick, will attend and do a Q & A afterward.
· Tickets on sale at the door the night of the event. Passport holders must purchase a ticket to this event.
Cost of a Soul, an action thriller, will be the first feature-length movie ever screened in the KCP&L District Living Room. The film won the AMC Independent/Rogue “Big Break Movie Contest,” where over 250 submissions competed for a grand prize: a minimum one-week run at 50 AMC Theatres nationwide. The film’s director Sean Kirkpatrick, will be in attendance.
COST OF A SOUL
Directed by: Sean Kirkpatrick
Written by: Sean Kirkpatrick
Cast: Chris Kerson, Will Blagrove, Judy Jerome, Mark Borkowski, Greg Almquist, Maddie M. Jones
Synopsis: Wounded in the war, Tommy Donahue and DD Davis return home from Iraq to the slum neighborhood they grew up in. Tommy returns to his wife, Faith, whom he abandoned while she was pregnant to escape a life of crime. Tommy meets his disabled six-year-old daughter, Hope, for the first time, and she begins to melt his frozen heart.
While DD struggles to make an honest living, his older brother, Darnell, has risen to become the neighborhood kingpin. DD faces the pressure to save his younger brother, James, from following in Darnell’s dangerous footsteps.
Tommy and DD find themselves trapped in the same slum they joined the military to escape. As they struggle for redemption, their own families become entangled in a web of crime, corruption and violence.